Monday, November 3, 2008

Lucky #7


In between Bat Mitzvah planing, I took a pit stop at Zabars coffee next to the the infamous Zabars market. It is the quintessential hub for many residents of New York. While peacefully reading my book I could not help but eaves drop on a conversation next to me between two men in their seventies. The volume of their voices kept raising so everybody was obviously eavesdropping. Man #1 was insisting and quite flummoxed that EVERYBODY'S lucky number is 7, duh! The other guy was insisting that he was wrong because his was 89 (he's lived on 89th street for 30 years and "you can always find what you need on 89th street.") The conversation heated up until everybody at the long communal table said their lucky numbers aloud. Mine happens to be 7 and another girls happened to be 7! Man #1 left with a happy content smile on his face. I left with a happy smile on my face and rejuvenated for the second half of my day. Go to Zabars.

4 comments:

pubLEX said...

mine is 6.

Unknown said...

8,241,983

Unknown said...

did he really say "duh?"

Maggie said...

Mine is 7 too. One time when I was 11 I won a gigantic teddy bear holding a heart at a Chinese restaurant for picking the number seven. The waiter told me that ladies always pick 7. Duh.