Saturday, November 8, 2008

Abistro- Supper for Jenn


We swept Jenn off of her feet to Fort Greene for her birthday dinner at Abistro. The wait was long for my grumbling stomach but it did not matter because we were served wine outside to hush our impatience. I have never been anywhere in NYC that allows this, I hope the restaurant does not put an to it if it becomes some sort of moral conundrum because it's FANTASTIC. Because there were seven of us we ordered every single appetizer: the plantain fried gnocchi, araka (fish fritters), macaroni and cheese (better than smack), grilled calamari and coconut plantains in coconut oil with maple syrup. Our waitress B was sweet, sharp, articulate and one of the best waitresses I've ever had. For my main course I had a heaping bowl of spicy sweet potato soup and empanadas. I love Fort Greene and I love Abistro. We laughed, we sang, we stuffed ourselves and made some friends along the way.

No comments: