Sunday, November 2, 2008

A constructive yet not so advantageous day.



Happy Day Light Savings! Today was a delicious Autumn Day and perfect for roaming the streets of New York. Lex and I, bright eyed and bushy tailed, headed up to Central Park to check out the new Chanel monument. Sadly we could not get in because it is sold out FOREVER (no joke). The polite security guard confided that we weren't really missing out on the art on the inside that the building itself is the most intriguing aspect. After traipsing around the monument we wandered over to the finish line of the NYC Marathon. Hooray!
Lex being a designer and all wanted to checkout the Museum of Arts and Design so we eagerly walked over not realizing that we would hit some major foot traffic on the way there. By the time we arrived the stairs were closed and the polite attendant told us people were "angry" because of the lines for the elevator so she did not suggest paying for admission. Thanks I appreciate it and I will definitely be back. I'm no architect so I would love an explanation about the architectural significance of the structure. Of course we had to take a trip through the gift shop and I give it two thumbs up and I left with this orange monster place mat!

No comments: