Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sunset playground




I LOVE Sunset Beach! Sunset Beach is a fantastic getaway from the crazy no-good-hassle of the Hamptons. It is located on the beautiful Shelter Island located smack dab between the North and South Fork. The quaint uncharted territory emulates the south of France and is full of expats from Europe who either work or loiter on the premises. I have only been early in the night but I hear it turns into a name dropping staring contest. eeek! (come early and hangout on the beach the rest of the day).
I started with a delicious Calamari Salad drizzled with a carrot ginger dressing and Mussels in a buttery, white wine garlic sauce... The broth was the best part of the meal and I slurped it up in the most polite pinkies-up-ladies-who-lunch kind of way. Donna spilled her $15 Bellini all over herself and the waitress even brought her a free one without us having to ask. Phew! Our service was good except for the food taking a tad too long and I noticed a waitress (thankfully not ours) who had a big stick up her you know what.

No comments: