Saturday, August 2, 2008

Monkeying around




Monkey Town! That's right folks...I said Monkey Town.  The garage warehouse-esque restaurant/theater has reopened after a month of renovations.  The mole enchiladas were delicious but a HUGE portion.  I could have split it with my table and still been full.  Our service was great and the manager was super excited to make sure we got back to see the movie even though it was sold out.  
The movie room made me feel like I was in a surreal dream like fort that I relentlessly tried to build as a kid. 
Daft Punk's mystic road trip (showing in the dreamy fort) was less than desirable.   I was so bored after 5 minutes I'm not even sure if hallucinogenics could have helped the situation.  Clearly, the ladies and I don't take ourselves serious enough because we had more fun taking pictures with the make believe lady in the bathroom and putting the table adornments in our hair.

2 comments:

Allie said...

And yet, everyone around us was rapt with attention towards the four screens. Maybe it was less the film's fault and more the round of cocktails pre-dinner and the three? four? bottles of muscadet!

Unknown said...

I live in the "original" Monkey Town, the once beautifully tinned ceiling has all these awful hooks and hook holes from hanging the projectors, seriously its barbaric, not to mention some of the other irreversible slapdash handiwork, I curse that guys name under my breath constantly.