Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff


It's all small stuff. Isn't that genius?
Spending August in "the country" takes more energy to amuse one self especially when you are friendless in these parts. Well not anymore. I have found my new favorite bible located in the pool house bathroom but I managed to sneak it out. It's called "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff..." by Richard Carlson Phd.
There's even a whole chapter dedicated to patience which, if you know me, I have a difficult time with. Here are a few of Richard's ideas:
1) Make peace with imperfection.
2) Let go of the idea that gentle, relaxed people can't be super achievers.
3) Don't interrupt others or finish their last sentence (ahem).
4) Do something nice for someone else and don't tell ANYONE about it.
5) If someone throws you the ball, you don't have to catch it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never trust anyone with a sweater like that

Unknown said...

you sound perfect just how you are.