Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The most deliciously cheap food in the entire world


Caracas, located on 7th street between 1st Avenue and Avenue A, is the most orgasmically delicious Venezuelan joint in the world.  I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I  could eat here everyday for a year and never tire.     
Arepas are a form of sandwich much better than a panini, sub, hogi, pita, wrap, bagel or your average multi-grain-wich.  They are crunchy on the outside with a burst of warm meats, veggies and cheeses on the inside.  My favorite is the La Mulata- grilled white cheese with jalapenos, sauteed red peppers, fried sweet plantains and black beans.  Make sure to try some of the special sauce which is on every table or for sale next door.
I have always had wonderful customer service even in the busiest of times.  The second time I went I brought Jeff.  He was just as excited as I was about the meal however the waitress opened a bottle of red wine and it splashed onto Jeff's rodeo-esque button down!  She promptly cleaned the red wine off with white wine (who would have known?)  She even gave us free chips and "guac" and taught us a new stain removing trick.  All in all I was lulled into complacency and went to bed dreaming of arepas.

3 comments:

pubLEX said...

haha...guac

Unknown said...

Kelly loves this place, that buttery peppery hot sauce in the squeeze-bottle is amazing on everything, so good its worthy of singular infatuation, god I love that sauce.

Kiki Colore said...

I would put that sauce on cereal. It's ridiculous.