Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Emergency Room Nightmare Nurses!


I understand that nurses, especially ER nurses are overloaded with patients and do not have a second to rest in a 12 hour shift.  However, in all my years, I have NEVER experienced such hostility between nurses and patients.  My boyfriend who was displaying all signs of Meningitis had an excruciating headache and nausea for the past seven hours.  He was being completely ignored while the nurses were learning how to use their "cows" (computer on wheels).  They would not even give us as much of a nod to indicate that they noticed him.  
Elaine, head of nurses, rolled her eyes when I politely asked her when and which Nurse or Dr. would be attending Jeff.  I explained to her my worries of him having Meningitis telling her what was wrong and all she did was rudely sneer "that's not Meningitis it's called a headache." She turned back to her "cow" and kept pretending I was not there. 12 hours later Jeff received a Spinal Tap and tests came back positive that he did indeed have meningitis.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ELAINE!!!!!!!  I will never go back to this ER room.  Our doctor was great once we were checked into the hostpital...he looks like Doc from "Back to the Future" and has the "Born to be wild" cell phone ring.  

No comments: